All statistical data used in this report was collected using the Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), a distributed antivirus network. The data was received from those KSN users who gave their consent to have data anonymously transferred from their computers. We do not identify the specific companies/organizations sending statistics to KSN, due to the product limitations and regulatory restrictions.
In H2 2018:
- Kaspersky Lab products prevented malicious activity on 40.8% of ICS computers.
- Kaspersky Lab security solutions detected over 19.1 thousand malware modifications from 2.7 thousand different families on industrial automation systems. As before, in the overwhelming majority of cases, attempted infections of ICS computers are random rather than parts of targeted attacks.
- Trojan malware remains the most prevalent among threats that are relevant to ICS computers. Malware of this class was detected on 27.1% of ICS computers. The malicious activity of exploits was prevented on 3.2% of ICS computers,
- backdoors were blocked on 3.1%,
- ransomware – on 2% of ICS computers.
Source: Kaspersky Lab