CareCloud confirms 3.7M patients had their medical records stolen in data breach


Hackers have stolen the personal information and medical records of more than 3.75 million people in a data breach at health data giant CareCloud, the company has confirmed with federal regulators. The disclosure marks the first confirmation of the scale of the data breach, which is now confirmed to be the fifth-largest theft of health data in 2026 so far.

CareCloud detailed the March data breach in a filing with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on Monday. The number of affected victims was reportedly revised up in an update on Tuesday, though it’s unclear if the figure is expected to rise further.

Read more…
Source:  TechCrunch News


Sign up for the Cyber Security Review Newsletter
The latest cyber security news and insights delivered right to your inbox


Related:

  • China: Authorities tell domestic companies to stop using US and Israeli cybersecurity software

    January 14, 2026

    Chinese authorities have told domestic companies to stop using cybersecurity software made by more than a dozen firms from the U.S. and Israel due to national security concerns, three people briefed on the matter said. As trade and diplomatic tensions flare between China and the U.S. and both sides vie for tech supremacy, Beijing has been ...

  • Hackers claim to have Target source code for sale following recent cyberattack

    January 13, 2026

    Hackers are apparently selling internal source code stolen from American retail giant Target. A previously unknown threat actor posted in an underground hacking community to claim they were selling Target’s data, and that this was the first of many datasets to go on auction. To support their claim, the poster created multiple repositories on Gitea, a ...

  • Man to plead guilty to hacking US Supreme Court filing system

    January 13, 2026

    A resident of Springfield, Tennessee, is expected to plead guilty to hacking the U.S. Supreme Court’s electronic document filing system dozens of times over several months. Prosecutors say between August and October 2023, Nicholas Moore, 24, “intentionally accessed a computer without authorization on 25 different days and thereby obtained information from a protected computer,” according to ...

  • Paris releases Russian athlete accused by Washington of hacking attempts

    January 10, 2026

    Authorities in France have released a Russian national accused by the United States of participating in hacking attacks on companies for ransom in cryptocurrency. The man has been exchanged for a French citizen held in Russian custody, instead of being handed over to the U.S. The swap has been compared to the Griner case. Daniil Kasatkin, a ...

  • 10 emergency directives retired as CISA declares them redundant

    January 9, 2026

    The US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) retired ten Emergency Directives (ED) it issued between 2019 and 2024, saying they achieved their purpose and are no longer needed. In a short announcement published on its website, CISA said the EDs have either been successfully implemented or are now encompassed through Binding Operational Directive (BOD) 22-01, ...

  • North Korean Kimsuky Actors Leverage Malicious QR Codes in Spearphishing Campaigns Targeting U.S. Entities

    January 8, 2026

    The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is releasing this FLASH to alert NGOs, think tanks, academia, and other foreign policy experts with a nexus to North Korea of evolving tactics employed by the North Korean state-sponsored cyber threat group Kimsuky and to provide mitigation recommendations. As of 2025, Kimsuky actors have targeted think tanks, academic institutions, ...