A hacking group believed to have ties to Iran has claimed responsibility for a massive cyberattack that exposed information linked to Australia’s $7 billion Land 400 defence program. The group, known as Cyber Toufan, says it accessed the data after breaching several Israeli defence companies.
Cyber Toufan, a pro-Hamas group, shared the stolen material on Telegram. Among the leaked files were images and details about the Australian Defence Force’s (ADF) Land 400 upgrade program, which includes the Redback infantry fighting vehicle being developed by Hanwha Defence Australia, a subsidiary of South Korea’s Hanwha Defence.
Read more…
Source: MSN News
Sign up for the Cyber Security Review Newsletter
The latest cyber security news and insights delivered right to your inbox
Related:
- Targeted Spy Campaign Hits Russian Service Centers
June 7, 2018
A series of espionage attacks have been uncovered, targeted at service centers in Russia that provide maintenance and support for a variety of electronic goods. The payload is a commercial version of the Imminent Monitor tool, which is freely available for purchase as legitimate software. Its developers explicitly prohibit any usage of the tool in a malicious way ...
- RedDawn Espionage Campaign Shows Mobile APTs on the Rise
May 18, 2018
A sophisticated and targeted mobile espionage campaign has been found targeting North Korean defectors. Mounted by a relatively new APT actor known as Sun Team, the offensive used Google Play and Facebook as attack vectors; and overall, it shows how quickly the mobile threat landscape is evolving as APTs shift tactics to focus on this ...
- Phishing Spy Campaign Targets Top Mideast Officials
May 15, 2018
Researchers have discovered a phishing campaign that infected Android devices with custom surveillance-ware bent on extracting data from top officials, primarily in the Middle East. Researchers at Lookout Security told Threatpost that the tool, dubbed Stealth Mango, has been used to collect over 30 gigabytes of compromised data on attacker infrastructure, including call records, audio recordings, device ...
- Ex-CIA man named as suspect in Vault 7 leak
May 15, 2018
A former CIA employee has been named as the prime suspect in last year’s dump of thousands of documents on the agency’s hacking practices. A report from The Washington Post cites court documents that name Joshua Adam Schulte as the person authorities think to be behind the massive Vault7 data dump. Read more… Source: The Register
- 1.5 billion sensitive files exposed by misconfigured servers, storage and cloud services
April 5, 2018
Researchers have discovered over 1.5 billion sensitive files including payroll information, credit card details, medical data, and patents for intellectual property are exposed online, putting consumers and businesses at risk of theft, cybercrime, and espionage. But the information exposed online — which amounts to a total of 12,000 terabytes of data — isn’t there as a ...
- FBI: Iranian Firm Stole Data In Massive Spear Phishing Campaign
March 26, 2018
The United States Department of Justice announced charges against nine Iranians accused of stealing private data from U.S. universities, private companies and U.S. government agencies. FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich said in a statement that the state-sponsored hackers worked for more than four years to steal expensive science and engineering-related research, company trade secrets, and sensitive U.S. government ...

