Mango shopper data stolen in cyber-attack


Mango has become the latest retailer to face a cyber-attack, where “limited” shopper data was stolen from one of its external marketing services.

The fashion chain, which recently reported a sales boost, told customers that data “accessed” by hackers was limited to personal contact details used in its marketing campaigns. This included email addresses, country, first names, telephone numbers and postal addresses. It added that unauthorised access was made via a third-party supplier, based in Spain.

Read more…
Source: Retail Gazette News


Sign up for the Cyber Security Review Newsletter
The latest cyber security news and insights delivered right to your inbox


Related:

  • More Hacking Groups Found Exploiting SMB Flaw Weeks Before WannaCry

    May 19, 2017

    Since the Shadow Brokers released the zero-day software vulnerabilities and hacking tools – allegedly belonged to the NSA’s elite hacking team Equation Group – several hacking groups and individual hackers have started using them in their own way. The April’s data dump was believed to be the most damaging release by the Shadow Brokers till the ...

  • Available Tools Making Dent in WannaCry Encryption

    May 19, 2017

    Tools are beginning to emerge that can be used to start the process of recovering files encrypted by WannaCry on some Windows systems. This takes on extra urgency because today marks one week from the initial outbreak, and files encrypted during that first wave are on the clock and close to being lost forever. Adrien Guinet, of ...

  • Shadow Brokers teases more Windows exploits and cyberespionage data

    May 16, 2017

    A group of hackers that previously leaked alleged U.S. National Security Agency exploits claims to have even more attack tools in its possession and plans to release them in a new subscription-based service. The group also has intelligence gathered by the NSA on foreign banks and ballistic missile programs, it said. The Shadow Brokers was responsible for leaking ...

  • Japan and China wake up to global ‘ransomware’ cyberattack while Microsoft slams US government

    May 15, 2017

    Japan and China have fallen victim of a global “ransomware” cyberattack that has created chaos in 150 countries as Microsoft pinned blame on the US government for not disclosing more software vulnerabilities. The initial attack, known as “WannaCry,” paralyzed more than 200,000 computers, including those which that run Britain’s hospital network, Germany’s national railway and other companies and government agencies ...

  • Europol Warns WannaCry Spread to Go Up on Monday

    May 14, 2017

    Europol is spreading bad news today as it announced that a new wave of WannaCry ransomware infections, even worse than the first, is coming on Monday. The European law enforcement agency estimates that so far there are some 200,000 victims of WannaCry and the number keeps growing. Furthermore, the number of affected countries has grown from ...

  • Europol News Article on Wannacry Ransomware: recent cyber-attack

    May 13, 2017

    The European Cybercrime Centre, EC3, at Europol is working closely with affected countries cybercrime units and key industry partners to mitigate the threat and assist victims. The recent attack is at an unprecedented level and will require a complex international investigation to identify the culprits. The Joint Cybercrime Action Taskforce (JCAT), at EC3 is a ...