Steelmaker Nucor halts some production after cyber security incident


Steelmaker Nucor said on Wednesday it had halted certain production at various locations after identifying a cyber security incident that involved unauthorized third-party access to certain information technology systems it used.

The Charlotte, North Carolina-based company said it is in the process of restarting the affected operations as it investigates the incident along with external cyber security experts. Nucor has notified federal law enforcement authorities and is taking the potentially affected systems offline, while also implementing other containment, remediation or recovery measures, it said in an SEC filing.

Read more…
Source: Reuters News


Sign up for our Newsletter
The latest news and insights delivered right to your inbox.


Related:

  • New SnailLoad side-channel attack detailed

    June 25, 2024

    SecurityWeek reports that website and content inferencing could be remotely conducted by threat actors without direct network traffic access via the new SnailLoad side-channel attack technique. Several latency measurements for websites and YouTube videos viewed by targets are being conducted by threat actors to establish digital fingerprints before luring targets to download files from a malicious ...

  • LockBit hackers claim to have cracked the US Federal Reserve

    June 25, 2024

    The LockBit cybercrime gang has claimed to have stolen an enormous database from the US Federal Reserve, which includes sensitive banking information about American citizens – but the claim is being met with suspicion. Earlier this week, the infamous ransomware operator added the Fed on its data leak site, saying it had acquired an archive containing ...

  • UK and US cops band together to tackle Qilin’s ransomware shakedowns

    June 25, 2024

    UK and US cops have reportedly joined forces to find and fight Qilin, the ransomware gang wreaking havoc on the global healthcare industry. In early June, the notorious Russia-based crew attacked Synnovis, which provides pathology services to National Health Service’s London hospitals. The digital intrusion has led to the cancellation or postponement of surgeries for thousands ...

  • Indonesian government says national data center was hit in ransomware attack – but it won’t pay up

    June 25, 2024

    The government of Indonesia has suffered a ransomware attack that crippled many of its organizations and caused quite a nuisance for its citizens – but says it won’t be held to ransom. Government officials confirmed its National Data Center (PDN) was struck on June 20, with the attack apparently organized by an affiliate of LockBit, with ...

  • Social Engineering Tactics Targeting Healthcare & Public Health Entities and Providers

    June 24, 2024

    Access to employees’ email accounts, and then pivoted to specifically target login information related to the processing of reimbursement payments to insurance companies, medicare, or similar entities. To gain initial access to victim networks, the threat actor acquired credentials through social engineering or phishing. In some observed instances, the threat actor called an organization’s IT Help ...

  • Change Healthcare confirms the customer data stolen in ransomware attack

    June 24, 2024

    For the first time since news broke about a ransomware attack on Change Healthcare, the company has released details about the data stolen during the attack. First, a quick refresher: On February 21, 2024, Change Healthcare experienced serious system outages due to a cyberattack. The incident led to widespread billing outages, as well as disruptions at ...