United States Attorney Lesley A. Woods announced that a federal grand jury in the District of Nebraska has returned two indictments charging 54 individuals for their roles in a large conspiracy to deploy malware and steal millions of dollars from ATMs in the United States, a crime commonly referred to as “ATM jackpotting.”
An indictment returned on December 9, 2025, charges 22 defendants with offenses corresponding to their role in the conspiracy, including conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, conspiracy to commit bank fraud, conspiracy to commit bank burglary and fraud and related activity in connection with computers, and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
Read more…
Source: U.S. Department of Justice
Sign up for the Cyber Security Review Newsletter
The latest cyber security news and insights delivered right to your inbox
Related:
- FBI: Increase in malware enabled ATM jackpotting incidents across United States
February 19, 2026
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is releasing this FLASH to disseminate indicators of compromise (IOCs) and technical details associated with malware enabled ATM jackpotting. Threat actors exploit physical and software vulnerabilities in ATMs and deploy malware to dispense cash without a legitimate transaction. The FBI has observed an increase in ATM jackpotting incidents across the ...
- You can jailbreak an F-35 just like an iPhone, says Dutch defense chief
February 18, 2026
Lockheed Martin’s F-35 fighter aircraft can be jailbroken “just like an iPhone,” the Netherlands’ defense secretary has claimed. Gijs Tuinman made the comments during a podcast interview after being asked whether the aircraft’s software could be modified by European forces without permission from the US should it withdraw as an ally. “The F-35 is truly a ...
- China remains embedded in US energy networks ‘for the purpose of taking it down’
February 17, 2026
Three new threat groups began targeting critical infrastructure last year, while a well-known Beijing-backed crew – Volt Typhoon – continued to compromise cellular gateways and routers, and then break into US electric, oil, and gas companies in 2025, according to Dragos’ annual threat report published on Tuesday. Dragos specializes in operational technology (OT) security, and as ...
- US Department of Homeland Security reportedly sent hundreds of subpoenas seeking to unmask anti-ICE accounts
February 14, 2026
The Department of Homeland Security has been increasing pressure on tech companies to identify the owners of social media accounts that criticize Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), according to The New York Times. This echoes other recent reporting, with Bloomberg pointing to five cases in which Homeland Security sought to identify the owners of anonymous Instagram ...
- Paris prosecutor’s cybercrime unit searches X office
February 3, 2026
French police raided the offices of Elon Musk’s social media network X on Tuesday and prosecutors ordered the tech billionaire to face questions in April in a widening investigation, amid growing scrutiny of the platform by authorities across Europe. France’s raid and the summoning of Musk — which could further increase tensions between Europe and the ...
- New Jersey health system agrees to pay $4.5M in data breach settlement
February 3, 2026
Capital Health, a health care provider with multiple locations in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, will pay $4.5 million as part of a settlement over a 2023 data breach that compromised the private information of patients, former patients and employees. In a statement, the company said the stolen information included names, addresses, social security numbers, dates of ...
