CareCloud confirms 3.7M patients had their medical records stolen in data breach


Hackers have stolen the personal information and medical records of more than 3.75 million people in a data breach at health data giant CareCloud, the company has confirmed with federal regulators. The disclosure marks the first confirmation of the scale of the data breach, which is now confirmed to be the fifth-largest theft of health data in 2026 so far.

CareCloud detailed the March data breach in a filing with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on Monday. The number of affected victims was reportedly revised up in an update on Tuesday, though it’s unclear if the figure is expected to rise further.

Read more…
Source:  TechCrunch News


Sign up for the Cyber Security Review Newsletter
The latest cyber security news and insights delivered right to your inbox


Related:

  • Notorious ‘BestBuy’ hacker arraigned for running dark web market

    October 27, 2022

    A notorious British hacker was arraigned on Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Justice for allegedly running the now defunct ‘The Real Deal” dark web marketplace. The 34-year-old defendant Daniel Kaye (aka Bestbuy, Spdrman, Popopret, UserL0ser) allegedly ran the illicit services market between early 2015 and November 2016 when The Real Deal shut down. Threat actors used ...

  • Feds accuse Ukrainian of renting out PC-raiding Raccoon malware to fiends

    October 26, 2022

    Mark Sokolovsky, 26, a Ukrainian national, is being held in the Netherlands while he awaits extradition to America on cybercrime charges, the US Justice Department said on Tuesday. Sokolovsky, said to have used the online names Photix, Raccoon Stealer, and black21jack77777, was indicted on November 2, 2021 by a federal grand jury for his alleged role ...

  • NSA’s new ‘nerve center’ ready to scan the world for threats to America

    October 25, 2022

    The National Security Agency, which is in the middle of moving into a new “nerve center” on its Fort Meade campus, says it is still ready for whatever foreign threat may emerge against the Nov. 8 midterm elections. “We’re ready to go,” NSA Director Gen. Paul M. Nakasone said in an interview in the “battle bridge” ...

  • DARPA’s CASTLE to Fortify Computer Networks

    October 24, 2022

    An ever-expanding cyber-attack surface, infrequent computer vulnerability scans, and burdensome security procedures create a seemingly lopsided battle when it comes to defending critical computing assets. Couple those factors with costly cybersecurity assessments that often lack actionable feedback, and the odds may appear to favor bad actors. DARPA intends to change that dynamic through a new program ...

  • How America’s Cyber Strategy Could Create an International Crisis

    October 23, 2022

    The United States has adopted a new cyber warfare strategy focused on “persistent engagement” and “forward defense” in an attempt to thwart Chinese, Russian and other state-sponsored cyber attacks. While this unprecedented “defend forward” approach gives America many significant advantages in navigating cyber warfare, it also entails high-risks that could unintentionally escalate conflict. As a ...

  • #StopRansomware: Daixin Team

    October 21, 2022

    This joint Cybersecurity Advisory (CSA) is part of an ongoing #StopRansomware effort to publish advisories for network defenders that detail various ransomware variants and ransomware threat actors. These #StopRansomware advisories include recently and historically observed tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) and indicators of compromise (IOCs) to help organizations protect against ransomware. Visit stopransomware.gov to see ...