Pinpointing and eliminating enemy targets will take place faster than ever before, as the Government invests more than £1 billion to equip the UK Armed Forces with a pioneering battlefield system.
A new Cyber and Electromagnetic Command will also be established to put the UK at the forefront of cyber operations as part of the Strategic Defence Review (SDR). The announcements were made by Defence Secretary, John Healey MP on a visit to MOD Corsham, the UK military’s cyber HQ. The Ministry of Defence will develop a new Digital Targeting Web to better connect Armed Forces weapons systems and allow battlefield decisions for targeting enemy threats to be made and executed faster.
Read more…
Source: GOV.UK
Sign up for our Newsletter
The latest news and insights delivered right to your inbox.
Related:
- UK MoD says no data leaked to China via drone vulnerability
August 10, 2026
Britain’s Ministry of Defence said on Monday that there is no evidence that military data was compromised after a cyber vulnerability was discovered in Royal Navy drones. The issue was identified during routine cybersecurity testing, the ministry said, adding that it continues to conduct security checks across its equipment and systems. Read more… Source: EUROACTIV Sign up for the ...
- Wetherspoons bars smart glasses from filming customers
August 10, 2026
Wetherspoons has stopped short of banning Meta-style smart glasses from its pubs, but told The Register that customers should switch off their cameras and refrain from filming. “Like many hospitality companies, Wetherspoon has CCTV cameras for security reasons, but their use is strictly controlled by data legislation,” a spokesperson said. “Apart from that, the general code that applies in ...
- Over 100,000 UK Police and staff have personal data leaked in attack on national database
August 4, 2026
The UK’s Police National Legal Database (PNLD) suffered a cyberattack recently, in which it allegedly lost sensitive data on more than 100,000 criminal justice professionals. In a short press release, PNLD confirmed the breach, saying it happened over a weekend. The threat actors, which were not named in the announcement, were said to have taken names, organizations, and ...
- Hackers who gained access to heart of London transport network jailed
July 16, 2026
The data of millions of commuters was stolen, Londoners were left out of pocket and 27,000 Transport for London staff were forced to reset their passwords. Over four days in 2024 a pair of teenage hackers had London’s transport network at their mercy. The hackers had burrowed into the heart of Transport for London’s IT systems and held ...
- Russian hackers were behind $2.5B hack of Jaguar Land Rover
June 26, 2026
Last year, hackers attacked car giant Jaguar Land Rover (JPL), one of the U.K.’s biggest employers. The hack halted production for months and made a dent in the country’s economy. The damage was so severe that the U.K. government decided to bail out the company with a £1.5 billion (around $2 billion) payment, and estimates say the hack cost the British ...
- Cyber criminals who hacked into Transport for London’s computer network are convicted
June 22, 2026
Two young men have admitted mounting a cyber attack on Transport for London (TfL), which cost tens of millions of pounds in losses and inconvenienced thousands of customers. The National Crime Agency and City of London Police investigated Thalha Jubair, 20, from East London, and Owen Flowers, 18, from Walsall, West Midlands, after TfL’s network was ...

